The North Down Model Aircraft Club as it is at present was formed on October the 9th 1973. Prior to this, there had been two clubs active in the area, the like named North Down Model Aircraft Club disbanded in 1959 and the Ards and District Model Club disbanded in 1964.
The club catchment area is the Ards Peninsula situated on the East coast of Northern Ireland. The present Club, originally operated from Newtownards Airport, the then home of the Ulster Flying Club (1961) Ltd. Two years later in 1975 we moved to Ballyhalbert, further down the Ards Peninsula, an abandoned Second World War airfield.
How to Join
Contact by telephone or email